Not every swatch colour book is created equal. Not all colours are found in every colour book. When converting rare colours from unusable to usable this is a trick you can try.
You will need:
- The Internet
- The Pantone book you are using
- Adobe Illustrator
- First note down the Pantone colour that is tricky or unlisted
- In your web browser, go to the Pantone book catalog.
- Write down the #HEX code of the colour
And there are three options:
- You can go to a web browser site that will convert the colour back to a Pantone colour
- You can go to the Edit menu>Convert Colour CMYK
- Select HEX code colour code option first and copy & paste the colour
- Then convert it to whatever colour you need it to be based on the downloaded colour books in your program.
- Go to Edit>Recolor Artwork
- Select Assign
- Your selected colour would be in a chart under Current Color, double click on a box with a line through it that’s beside the colour bar and under the New column
- The colour picker will pop up, in the HEX code area type in the new HEX code